Frequently Asked Questions
Our response to COVID-19
In order to protect our staff, customers, suppliers and contractors, here are the new measures we’ve put in place in response to COVID-19.
7 step health & safety plan
- All deliveries are now contact-less. Our drivers will buzz, drop and go to avoid direct contact with customers.
- All pick up orders are also now contact-less. Customers will collect their order from our outdoor table instead of having it handed over.
- No customers may enter any of our premises. Customers will be kindly asked to wait outside.
- Increased deep cleaning and sanitisation. Introduced for all sites and vehicles, using industrial disinfectant. This includes twice daily cleansing of all door handles, freezer and fridge doors, light switches, taps, surfaces and on vehicles includes steering wheels, handles and doors.
- Increased hand washing procedures. All staff are required to wash their hands upon arrival and at set intervals throughout the day.
- Changes of clothes required for all kitchen and driving staff. Change of clothes is now compulsory upon arrival and again upon leaving to limit any chance of contamination. All on-site clothes will be laundered overnight on-site.
- Further distancing of staff both within the office, packing and kitchen environments. Movements between office, packing and kitchen staff are now limited. This includes split-shifts being introduced in our kitchens.
In addition to this, all staff have signed a waiver to confirm that, to the best of their knowledge, they and members of their households have not been exposed to the COVID-19 infection. All staff will stay away from work should they begin to feel unwell.
Although Gourmet Dinner Service / Dietlicious have taken the above precautions to prevent and limit the spread of infection, please be aware that we accept no liability for any potential transmission of COVID-19. Ordering from us and coming in contact with our food, our drivers, couriers and other staff or contractors is at the customers own risk.
Are there any contracts?
There are no contracts and no joining fees. You have the option to pick and choose when you would like to order so long as the minimum food value is $50 (plus delivery fee).
After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation containing your order details. Please check all details in the confirmation email thoroughly and call our office if any changes are required Please note that we require 1-2 business days notice to adjust delivery dates and any meal changes to an order.
How do I purchase a Gift voucher?
Gift Vouchers can be purchased online and will be emailed direct to the recipient. You can choose to have the voucher emailed direct to yourself by simply entering your email address in the recipient's email address field. This way you can forward the Gift Voucher to the recipient by email or print it out to give them a hard copy.
Can I send a Gift of meals?
Gift of Meal orders can be placed online. Choose a Hamper or select your own items from our menu; provide the recipient's delivery details and select from the available delivery dates. At the checkout stage it will give you the option to ‘Make The Order a Gift’ and ask for you to add a message for the optional Gift Card. If no-one is home the gift will be left at front door. It is your responsibility to advise recipient of delivery date. We cannot be held responsible if they are not home or away and shall not accept any liability after delivery.
Overseas customer buying a gift voucher or meals
Our website doesn’t accept international addresses and some overseas credit cards, so please use PayPal for payment and our address (5/9 Powells Rd, Brookvale NSW 2100) for the billing address. Thank you for your understanding
Is there a minimum food order value for a delivery?
Yes, there is. The minimum food order value for delivery is $50.
When do you deliver to my area?
Each area has a designated delivery day – please enter your postcode here for details. There is a minimum order value of $50 excluding delivery. While our drivers endeavour to deliver between the time frames advised on our site, we cannot guarantee a specific time frame. For an ETA of your delivery, you may call our office on the day of delivery only as routes are not finalised until this time. You don’t need to be home to receive your delivery as meals are delivered in an insulated esky with ice packs and can be left in a safe location for up to 8 hours. Your delivery will be left at the front door unless you have advised specific delivery instructions in your order. If you live in a gated complex or high rise building please leave delivery notes with instructions on how to enter the complex.
Who delivers my food?
Sydney, Melbourne + Brisbane metro are serviced by our Gourmet Dinner Service drivers. We use Fastway Couriers for some suburbs as well as ACT and regional NSW, VIC, QLD and SA.
How do the meals arrive?
The meals arrive in an insulated box which maintains your food at optimum temperature. The main meals arrive frozen and should be placed in the freezer until needed. Vegetables and Salads arrive fresh and are to be stored in the fridge.
What do I do with my delivery box?
Please recycle your cardboard box and Woolpack within your weekly council service. Both go in the paper bin.
What about Public Holidays?
Delivery days are subject to temporary change during special events local to you and on public holidays. Most deliveries will be made on your next delivery day. We advise you by email, in advance, of any public holidays that may affect your delivery.
What if I get my order on the wrong day?
It’s important to check your email confirmation once you have placed an order to ensure you have selected the correct delivery date as this is the date that determines when we will make the delivery. If you fail to check the order confirmation and receive a delivery on the wrong day we can arrange to re-deliver but there will be a cost.
Pick up charge and Re-delivery charge (whatever the delivery cost is to your area). Plus a $5.00 admin charge.
Can we collect our orders?
Meals can also be collected from our kitchen in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, but please pre-order so that we can have it packed ready to go.
For same day pick up, please order before 12 noon.
We are located at:
Sydney kitchen: Unit 5/9 Powells Road, Brookvale.
Melbourne kitchen: 63 Henderson Rd, Clayton.
Brisbane kitchen: 5/33 Meakin Rd, MeadowbrookIf picking up from Brisbane kitchen and the gate is closed please use code: 3343# to enter and exit.
Pick up: Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5pm Friday 8.30am – 4pm.
What ingredients are used?
Locally sourced, real ingredients are what we use in all our meals. We don’t use any preservatives, additives or genetically modified foods. Fresh herbs, onion, garlic and spices are used to create unique flavour bases. All meals are cooked from scratch in our kitchens with premium produce.
For a full list of ingredients for any dish please click on the photo of the meal. Full nutritional information is also provided for every meal. We update our meals seasonally so you’ll always have new flavours to enjoy.
Who cooks my meals?
Our team of talented chefs span three kitchens in three states and are headed up Master Chef, Gupreet Singh. The combined skills across our kitchens results in an extensive menu of global flavours that will leave you enjoying every mouthful. We update our meals seasonally so you’ll always have new flavours to enjoy.
What if I'm allergic to some foods?
It is the Customer’s responsibility to refer to the Nutritional Panel and Ingredients of each meal before purchasing GDS meals. Please check each meal for anything you may be allergic to. In our kitchen we use milk, egg, gluten, seafood, peanuts, other nuts, sesame seed and capsicum and cannot guarantee a total absence of these products in any of our meals. If you require specific dietary guidance, we strongly suggest consultation with your Doctor before consuming GDS meals. We accept no liability to any allergic reaction, by a Customer, including expectant mothers, as a result of consuming GDS meals. If you have a life threatening allergy it is advisable not to eat ready meals such as GDS.
Do you cater for special dietary requirements?
Our food is designed for general healthy eating however you may select our gluten free, vegetarian and dairy free icons for suitable options. Our sister company Dietlicious offers small meals for weight loss and more gluten free, vegetarian and dairy free options. Unfortunately we are unable customise meals due to our cooking schedule and our meals being cooked in batches.
Can I eat Gourmet Dinner Service meals while pregnant or breastfeeding?
All of our meals are free from any preservatives so are perfectly healthy for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers, though it is always best to consult your healthcare professional(s) before starting a diet or embarking on a particular type of eating plan.
How many calories per serve?
The Nutritional information refers to the whole meal. Where is states a meal serves 1-2 you can half the nutritionals if you are getting 2 serves from the meal.
How do I store my meals?
Meals can be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months. Once defrosted, they can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Fresh food ie salads and vegetables can be stored for 4/5 days in fridge. They can’t be frozen. Please see labels for used and storage information.
How do I serve my meals?
Each meal has easy instructions on how to heat or cook. If you are using the oven you need to transfer food from the plastic containers to an oven proof dish before heating. Foil packaged meals need to have the lid removed prior to heating. All meals can be heated using a microwave (including foil containers), with the exception of those meals which need to be cooked.
As we are closed on weekends, please be aware that any fresh components ie salad and vegetables will have a shorter shelf life than week day deliveries due to the orders being packed on Friday afternoon.
What are my payment options?
Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Paypal online.To protect your security we use a secure independent payment gateway and do not store any credit card details unless you manually select to do this. Your card details are encrypted and held on the gateway providers’ site.
Loyalty Program T & Cs
- Loyalty Program points are earned and redeemed on the customer account associated with the email address where the activity has taken place.
- Loyalty Program points and/or credit on a customer account is not transferrable or redeemable for cash.
- Loyalty Program points are earned at the rate of 1 point per $10 spent on food. Points can also be earned via social media activity, reviews, having a birthday etc. Please refer to our Loyalty Program page for details on how to earn points. Loyalty Program points cannot be earned on the purchase of a gift card.
- Loyalty Program points can be redeemed in increments of 250 only. 250 points equates to $25 off food ordered.
- Loyalty Program points cannot be earned retrospectively.
- Loyalty Program points for Refer a Friend are earned for new customer referrals only. To qualify, the email address referred must not already be held within our email or ordering system. Points are earned where a newly referred customer has spent $100 or more (net) on food. Points are not earned on delivery fees. Points will be automatically added to the referring customer’s account once criteria is met.
- Gourmet Dinner Service has the right to modify or terminate the Loyalty Program at any time without notice.