NDIS & Home Care Packages
We understand that cooking can be difficult if you’re living with a disability or needing extra care. Our tasty, prepared meals can make all the difference. Here’s how we can help.
How Gourmet Dinner Service can help NDIS + HCP recipients
- We make 100% wholesome, natural, home-cooked meals that are snap frozen. No preservatives or additives are used.
- We will deliver direct to your home. If you require any specific help, let us know when ordering, so we can inform our drivers.
- Our meals come with simple reheating instructions. Most of our meals only require a microwave.
- You can review our full menu online here for Gourmet Dinner Service or here for our sister company, Dietlicious. Simple, printable menus are available here.
- Our team has been assisting NDIS and HCP clients for many years. You’ll always find a friendly and helpful voice on the end of the phone if you have questions or want to order. Phone 1300 131 070.
How do I know if I am eligible for home delivered meals on my plan?
To be eligible for Home Delivered Meals, your NDIS or Home Care Package needs to include Daily Activities in your Core Supports, or have a stated line item for meal prep and delivery. If you’re not sure if your plan includes these, get in touch with the NDIS or Aged Care to find out.
How much does it cost?
How much you pay depends on the arrangements stated under your NDIS or Home Care Plan. Under most plans, you make a small co-payment to cover the cost of the food ingredients and the NDIS pays the remaining amount which covers the preparation, packaging and delivery. As an example, if your co-payment amount is 30% then your out-of-pocket expense is an average of $3.80 per meal.
How do I order and pay?
Option 1. You pay in full & claim back from your provider - Place your meal order with us (online or over the phone) and pay in full. Request a NDIS / Home Care invoice and we’ll email it to you within 3 business days. Don’t forget to tell us the % split required on your invoice. Then you can make a claim through your provider for quick reimbursement.
Option 2. You pay only your contribution & we claim the rest from your provider – this just needs a little set up before your first order, but we’ll do what we can to arrange this with your plan manager or service provider. Once set up, there are 3 easy ways for you to order:
- If you have an existing account (or create one) upload your meal choices to your shopping cart. Let us know by email (or phone) and we can complete the transaction for you, charging you only your contribution amount (usually around 30%) and invoicing the service provider the remainder.
- If you are not comfortable ordering online, simply email your order through and we will call you to complete your part of the transaction.
- Call our customer service team and we will do everything for you over the phone. If it’s easier for you, we can make a regular phone call to you each week or fortnight, so you never forget to order and run out of meals.
Am I locked in a contract?
No, you have all the flexibility you need. That's the beauty of our individual meals or calorie plans, just order what you want whenever you need.
Can I choose my own meals?
Yes, we only want you eating what you love, so when you’re ready, take a look at our website and choose the meals you want from our delicious menu.
If you prefer, you can download our simplified, printable menu here.