Why it’s easy for you to cook + serve the perfect roast turkey
Are you responsible for the Christmas feast or perhaps you’re celebrating Thanksgiving or another big event that calls for roast turkey? Many people get anxious on Christmas Day when they think about cooking turkey. But there’s no need to panic because it couldn’t be easier, even for the amateur cooks!
Here we show you how in just 4 easy steps. No one wants to eat dry turkey, so follow these failsafe instructions to ensure moist and tender roasted turkey perfection! And if you're more of a visual person, check out our new YouTube video of these cooking instructions. See our link below. ⇓⇓
To avoid disappointment, make sure you order your Gourmet Dinner Service turkey ahead of time. This year we're offering a 1.5kg raw turkey breast that's already rolled and ready to go. It's frozen so you can thaw and bake at a time to suit yourself. Thanks to customer feedback, we have kept the stuffing separate this year so don't forget to add a serve of our delicious Orange, Almond + Herb Stuffing to your order as well.
Are you serving the roast turkey cold or hot?
Once you’ve got your bird, you just need to plan when to start the cooking based on whether you plan to eat the roasted turkey cold or when it’s hot from the oven.
To serve cold, bake an hour or two before you are ready to serve and let it come to room temperature. The turkey meat will be juicy, tender and easy to slice. No dry turkey in sight!
For hot turkey, follow the instructions below and make sure you time your roasted vegetables and other side dishes to be ready at the same time.
Simple, fail proof turkey cooking instructions in 4 steps
- Take the turkey from the fridge about 1.5 hours before cooking.
- Remove vacuum bag and place in a heavy baking dish.
- Pour over 1 cup of white wine (or chicken stock or water).
- Place in a pre-heated 180 degrees Celsius oven for 75 mins (1.5kg turkey). Remove from oven and rest 15 minutes. (Note: cooking times can vary depending on oven.)
Tuck in and enjoy your tasty turkey roast with all the trimmings!
If roasting really isn’t your thing or your oven’s broken, then you can always fall back on our sliced turkey or ham & turkey pack.
YouTube Cooking Video
* Note the video will show you how easy it is to bake your own deliciously moist Christmas turkey at home. It refers to cooking a 2kg turkey so please use the above written instructions for time in oven for a 1.5kg turkey.