Recipe: Quick and Easy Christmas Shortbread
Don’t have much time or skill for home-cooking? Good, this recipe is perfect as it allows you to take shortcuts! Most shortbread recipes entail rolling out the dough, pressing in cookie cutter shapes, and then transferring them to a baking tray. If you’re pushed for time, this process is just too fiddly.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 120g caster sugar (+ extra for topping)
- 120g cornflour
- 250g melted butter
1. Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Add in butter and mix until combined.
3. Press into ungreased lamington pan and bake at 160C for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and cut into squares, prick with a fork and sprinkle with caster sugar. Then return to oven for 15 more minutes.
5. Leave to cool, then pack in an airtight container (if they last that long!).
This is our yearly favourite!