Recipe: Minted Green Bean Salad with Yoghurt
Here’s a salad that can be appreciated all year round. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and we guarantee it’s super easy, even for the most culinary-challenged!
Enjoy it as a meal in itself (top with chicken or bacon to boost the protein) or serve as a zesty side dish. The yoghurt and herb dressing make this salad the ideal accompaniment to many Indian, Mediterranean or Middle Eastern meals as well as seafood and barbequed meats.
The following meals from our menu also pair well with the fresh crunchiness this minted green bean salad brings to the table:
- 500g green beans
- 1 spanish onion
- 250g plain yoghurt
- 1/2 bunch mint, chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Top and tail the beans.
- Blanche beans in boiling water for 30 seconds. Refresh under cold water.
- Thinly slice the spanish onion.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients.
- Place beans on serving platter, scatter over onion and top with dressing.